Kids Fleece Snow Boot Liners/Socks - Tutorial

Ready to draft a boot sock pattern?

This pattern fits like a boot sock.
If you want a boot liner cut them wider.
This is my simple pattern.  Cut two backs. 
(Full length pattern.)
Where's the heel you ask?
I'll show you.
See that dark line?
The pattern piece folds at that line.  
I cut it there and made a hing with tape.


Cut two more, but fold the flap down.
These two will be your fronts.


The back is folded to make the heel.


See?
Measure the child's foot
(Leave a seam allowance at the toe so they will not be too small) 
and decide how long the foot part needs to be.
Cut and sew your heels using the extra length that the full pattern piece provides..




Turn and stitch the hem.

Ready to go!

This boot liner is approximately a youth 3.
But, you get the idea.

Comments

  1. Hi, I love your simple/easy steps. How do I create a pattern? What are the procedures?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts